Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Texas Speed Bump- my new armadillo sculpture

Texas Speed Bump
edition of 30
$675
bronze on granite
It has been a really busy and productive fall. So my posts have been few and far between. I've had several shows and have several more coming up.
Starting this Friday there will be a group of 30 of us in a show at the Fort Worth Central Library called Texas and the West. More about it later.
This newest sculpture is one of my favorites. I call it Texas Speed Bump. It is an armadillo. I tried to capture the essence of the animal with a bit of  personality too. They don't see well and if you are quiet will walk right up on you. Then if they hear you they will take off running. They are very primitive looking and my mom could tell you, they can really mess up a lawn and flower beds with their digging.

No comments:

Post a Comment