Thursday, September 15, 2011

Christmas in Cowtown Donattion

Tandy Hills Snow
6 x 8
oil on panel
     This is a painting I did from a photo I took at the Tandy Hills Park (a little while ago.) After this summer of record heat it still brings back pleasant memories.
     It began to snow heavily as I drove to the park. the flakes were big and wet as I got out of my truck and began to walk around. In no time the snow began to accumulate. I was the only one around and I felt like I was miles from the city. It was beautiful.  Eventually I knew I had to leave before the roads iced over. So I headed home, built a blazing fire, and enjoyed an evening at home.
      So, when I was asked to donate to the Junior League's Christmas in Cowtown I thought this was an ideal painting. The event is in early October when it will probably still be in the 90s. Hopefully this painting will add to the Christmas spirit of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment