Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Five for the Small Works Show at the FWCAC

Garden House
8 x 10
oil on panel
Last Tuesday I wasn't feeling very well. I found out I have walking pneumonia. I'm slowly (very slowly)  starting to feel better. One of the worse things though is that I haven't felt like creating any art at all. I don't have a lot of good things to say about daytime television either!
Camping at Lake Granbury
8 x 10
oil on panel
 However, even though I have been missing out on this great fall weather and color, I haven't been totally idle. I did get these five 8 x 10s in the Small Works Show at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center. This is a fun show featuring all kinds of art, 9 x 12 or smaller and unframed. It is a great place to add to your art collection or buy Christmas presents.
Bad Hair Day
8 x 10
oil on panel
The stipulation of this show is that the work not be framed and must fit in a 9 x 12 mailing envelope.So the paintings I selected had to be on flat panels. Many of my friends put paintings in this show as well. Over the years I've purchased several paintings there myself. I'm looking forward to seeing the show once it is hung and maybe adding to my art collection.
The Road Home
8 x 10
oil on panel

Two For My Tea
8 x 10
oil on panel

6 comments:

  1. Wow. I am surprised you made it. I hope you get to feeling better soon and get back to painting.Good luck with the show and sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Doug and well done. Hoping for a red dot frenzy for you.
    Dude- you gotta know you're sick before it gets that bad! NO?
    Take it easy. I have to say that TV in general is pretty dismal-just my opinion...

    ReplyDelete
  3. All beautiful pieces Douglas. I hope you're feeling wel soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the composition and feeling of serenity in The Road Home. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous paintings here...Doug!! I hope you're feeling better after having walking pneumonia..I know how it takes everything out of you for awhile!!!

    ReplyDelete