Friday, February 10, 2012

Pictures from an Exhibition

Our Art Show, Ann is in Turquoise and Black.
   Last night was the opening of my two man show with my friend Ann Hardy at Southwestern Adventist University in Keene. ( I forgot my camera  so I had to take these with my phone. ) Ann brought a large collection of her newest paintings and I had 14 sculptures. I think Ann is best known for her still lifes, and she brought some of those, but many of these new paintings had wild animals as their subject matter, including deer, rabbits, and birds.. 
Three of my Small Longhorns.
   The majority of my sculptures at the show were longhorns and horned toads including a longhorn cow and calf that I worked on as a demo at my show at Southwestern last year. I brought my Limousin bull sculpture to work on as my demo last night. I always have a lot of people come up who are interested in the process of creating bronze sculptures and last night was no exception.
   It is a tremendous honor being in a show with Ann. The show will be open Sunday - Friday until February 22. If you have a chance come by and see the show.
One of Ann's Beautiful Still Life Paintings.
    

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your show Doug. Hope it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Doug! Looks like a great show! Love your sculptures. Have you ever sculpted an English Pointer? I grew up around them and would love to have a sculpture of one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your show with Ann, your work is a good contrast together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Doug!! I'm sure it will be a success!! With your sculptures..it has to be!! I love Ann's still life..gorgeous piece!

    ReplyDelete