Sunday, March 4, 2012

Art Reach at Christ Chapel

One of my sculptures in the show.
     Today was my second show of the weekend, Art Reach at Christ Chapel .  Christ Chapel has many great events during the year but Art Reach is one of my favorite events. All of the art is made by members of the church, and there are some really talented artists here who work in all different mediums. The show is held every winter and a lot of the artists have participated for many years. One of my favorite things is seeing how the artists' styles have developed or changed over the year. Another thing I enjoy is that I stay at church most of the day from about 8:45 to around 7:00 so I wind up seeing so many people I know, people who I don't often see at other times.

Some of the art work and the crowd at Art Reach
       I think the over all quality of art increases every year. Some of the artists whose work I enjoyed this year are Ron Cheek, Pat Waymon, Peter Robbins, Kim Robbins, Martha Spurlock, Michael Livesay -Wright, Darla Lyon, Electra Burford, and Linda Henry.
       My next show will be during Fort Worth's Spring Gallery Night, I believe it is on March 24th. I will have my sculptures At Artspace111. More on that later.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. How fortunate you are to have so many fellow church members that share your passion. Really cool. Love the beautiful sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this show. It looks well attended. I hope you sell out!

    ReplyDelete