Friday, February 18, 2011

The Road Home

The Road Home
8 x 10
oil on board

Worked on this one tonight. I started it in the fall when I went painting with my friend Blair Currin in Aledo. It was a beautiful day with some nice fall color and a pretty light blue sky. I finished up the trees and fixed the sky where something stuck to it while we were painting in plein aire. I also worked on two new paintings tonight that aren't ready to post yet. I hope to have at least one of them ready to post on Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. The colorful Fall tree is a good balance for the road curving to the house. The painting feels like Fall.
    Thanks for getting us together for painting at the Stockyard. It was such a perfect painting day - delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill, it was a great day. I'm looking forward to seeing your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bright light area around the tree and how the road leads the eye to house in the background. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sheri. This was a little place near Aledo (or was it Anetta?) north of I 30. There are so many neat little places to paint around here aren't there?

    ReplyDelete