Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Texas horned toad bronze sculpture, Horned Victory

Horned Victory
bronze on granite
9 x 4 x 3.5

     This is a new version of my Horned Pride sculpture. I individually sculpt each rose and  have it cast and attached to the horned toad sculpture. Thus, each new sculpture is a unique piece. I call this new sculpture Horned Victory. This sculpture commemorates TCU's 2011 Rose Bowl Victory. This sculpture is only available at The Varsity at 3515 Bluebonnet Circle, in Fort Worth.
     I have been doing quite a bit of sculpting this week in my studio. First I have been working on the roses for Horned Victory and second on the longhorn cow and calf that I  began over two years ago. I am very much looking forward to the completion of this sculpture. In fact I worked on it last night until after !!:00. It will be the first sculpture that has two figures on one base,

2 comments:

  1. Love horned pride. This sculpture is awesome ..especially with the colorful rose!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool and a nice addition to the horned toad. I'm sure you will sell out.

    ReplyDelete