Monday, January 24, 2011

Historic Stock Yards # 2

                                                            Historic Stock  Yards #2
                                                                         8 x 10
This is a painting that I started in September. I painted down in the Fort Worth stock yards with a large group of painters from the Outdoor Painters' Society including Sheri Jones, Sabine Higgins, Olivette Hubler, Darnell Jones, Randy Saffle and many others. The stock yards were a great place to paint. We went back several  weekends in a row and I started five paintings without quite finishig any of them. I did take photos, so now that it is not so nice to paint out I'm finishig them up.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite, so far, Doug!! LOVE it! Great job on the composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I especially like the cow in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete