Saturday, January 29, 2011

Winter in the Botanical Gardens

                                                         Winter in the Botanical Gardens
                                                                       8 x 10
Had a great day painting today. Started the day with a group of artists painting a model at my friend Linda Reedy's studio. The artists included Linda Reedy, Linda Popple, Olivette Hubler and Leslie Talty. Then Olivette and I met Cecelia Robertson for lunch and after that we went to the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens to paint. It was a beautiful  day and the gardens had many visitors. I painted this one near the big lawn. I liked the colors but added the path to provide interest and as a lead in to the painting. I may still do a bit more to this one but I think I'm close to being finished with it.

1 comment: