Monday, June 27, 2011

Beyond the Garden Gates

Beyond the Garden Gate
8 x 10
oil on canvas panel
$150

     This is a painting that I began last Monday in the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens before going down to the Texas coast. I t was a very nice morning for painting outdoors.   I was joined by some of my friends including Olivette Hubler, and Sheri Jones. Many of us chose this view because we were able to paint  in   the shade.  After we finished painting all of us but Sheri , (who had to return to work) went to lunch.             






7 comments:

  1. This is lovely Douglas, and isn't it wonderful to have artist friends to paint with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Painting. Nice composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great painting, Doug! I love the way you painted the fountain! and the fence came out awesome! Great detailing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely painting Douglas. There's something very peaceful about it. I like the colours in your sky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful painting Douglas. I love the composition. The atmospheric quality is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has great depth. You move the eye through the gate and down the path.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice painting. I really look for shade in the summer. It's better for the painting, for reading your colors, and certainly better for the painter!

    ReplyDelete