Sunday, June 12, 2011

Western Road Trip

Western Road Trip
11 x 14
Watercolor
Not For Sale
   After painting with my friend Kent Brewer at the Waxahachie paint out I have a renewed interest in watercolors. ( He won the best of show award in the paint out. You can check out his work at kentcbrewer.blogspot.com.)
   I haven't painted with watercolors in a very long time but this is still my favorite one I ever painted. I did it back in 93 after a three week long camping trip across Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming.
I tried to include scenes from the major places I visited. Technically this is not a good painting but I love it because of the memories attached to it of visiting places like Mesa Verde National Park, Grand Teton National Park, and Yellowstone National Park among others.
   I've still got my watercolors. Maybe I'll dig them out and give them a try again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to know that I have renewed your interest in Watercolor. Thanks for the mention.

    ReplyDelete