Saturday, June 11, 2011

Stop and Smell the Roses


Stop and Smell the Roses
8 x 10
oil on panel
$150
    I began this painting several weeks ago when I was painting in the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens with a group of friends and fellow artists including Cecelia Robrtson, Cece Turner, Olivet Hubler, and Linda Reedy.
We got to the gardens early and enjoyed wonderful weather as we painted. The roses were especially thick and beautiful that week. We broke for lunch and ate at the Gardens Restaurant.The food was good but I have to say the service was slow. However, there was lots of interesting conversation related to art. After we painted some of my friends came back to my house for dessert.
   I'll still work  on this painting a bit more, but I was interested in capturing the big shapes and colors and minimizing or omiting the details.

1 comment:

  1. You captured the beauty of these flowers, Doug. Painting with a group of friends makes it even better. I love the month of June ..Roses are one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete