Friday, June 10, 2011

Early Morning in the Garden

Early Morning in the Garden
8 x 10
oil on linen panel
$175
Yesterday, I had a great morning painting. I went to the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens at 7:00 to find a place to paint. There were blooms everywhere, it was as pretty as it was earlier in the spring. Finally I selected this location, I  liked the composition and I liked the shade that lasted all morning. I was joined by my friends Olivette Hubler, Leslie Talty, Audette Asher, and Sheri Jones. It was a perfect morning for painting and everyone produced a painting except Olivette, who produced two. At lunch time we went to the Kimbell Art Museum for lunch. Then we went to the Amon Carter museum to see the Hudson River School Exhibit and then to the Fort Worth Community Art Center to see Exhibits by our friends Ann Hardy, Claudia Davis, Jan Bateman and Shirley Kinworthy.

4 comments:

  1. You guys really have it made. What a great way to spend a weekday. Very nice painting Doug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kent. Its great to create art, being able to do it with friends is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully serene painting! Lovely light and shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Linda, when you have something that inspires you, thats a BIG factor in feeling good about a painting. When I paint something I dont really care for, I'm never that crazy about the finished painting either. The gardens are so pretty right now, that I plan on going back on Tuesday morning if not sooner.

    ReplyDelete