Sunday, June 19, 2011

Mallard Hen sculpture


Mallard Hen
8.5 x 5.5 x 8.5
bronze on wood
$900
This was the model that I created to show the developers of Watters Creek for my large scale installation of a mother duck with ten ducklings. This one is sized to fit on a table or shelf. The one at Watters Creek in Allen, Texas is large enough for children to sit on. The entire process from start to finish took over a year to complete.
two of my pet Canada geese
 I spent a lot of time watching and sketching my flock of ducks and geese not only to get the anatomy, but to also capture the character, personality, and gesture for the family of ducks I created.  I had just taken a Sandy Scott workshop on avian anatomy  the summer before at the Prix de West in Oklahoma City. The class was very useful. I believe the combination of study and working from life led to the success of this group of sculptures.










No comments:

Post a Comment