Monday, March 14, 2011

Belted Galloways

Belted Galloways
8 x 10
oil on canvas
$150, unframed

 I did a sketch  and took photos of these cattle from my trip down to Fredericksburg.  I painted it yesterday and after taking it to a critique group at my friend Cecelia's, I edited out a road and house from the background and I think it's a stronger painting because of that. I really think Belted Galloways  are such an interesting looking breed of cattle. You don't see them often but when you do they sure stand out.

4 comments:

  1. I love the cows, Doug. We used to see them at an inn in North Carolina. Your painting is really nice and I would like to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seeing these unusual cows in different positions. Good perspective on the hill back to the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I'm seeing Belted Galloways. Very beautifully done, Doug. Also, thank you so much for your sympathy message. I truly appreciated it. After a beautiful Military Funeral, I'm back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love those cows. Such unusual markings. Nice painting Doug.

    ReplyDelete