Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring in the Botanic Gardens

The Garden Bench
8 x 10
oil on canvas
$100 unframed
I went to paint in the botanical gardens a few weeks ago with my friend Sabine Higgins. I did this one pretty fast. Then when I brought it home and looked at it, I decided to add yellow pansies into the empty flower bed and I lightened the bench to create more of a focal point. I went back to paint there the following week and all the blooms were gone from the tree but the wisteria was starting to bloom and the arbors were covered with it so I started a painting of it. One thing about spring, the colors and views change so fast that iif you want to paint something you had better do so because it may not be the same in a few days.




2 comments:

  1. I love all the colors and layers of this one. Nice job Doug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you painted it when you did...and adding the yellow flowers made it even better. Beautiful!!!
    I'm looking forward to visiting the Botanical gardens here in New York. Unfortunately, its too cold yet for the flowers ...soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete