Monday, March 21, 2011

Half Full or Half Empty

Tubes of Paint
8 x 10
oil on canvas
$100
I joined a group of artists called Some Texas Artists Like To Paint. Their challenge for March was Full / Empty. I was down at the lake when I decided to paint it, and the only thing I came up with were the tubes of paint themselves. They had some weird shadows so I decided to paint them.
Just three more days until my big show at the Southwestern Adventist University with Sheri Jones.She has some really spectacular large paintings in the show. They are larger than anything I've ever seen her paint before, although I know she does work large.

5 comments:

  1. This is a great little painting! I love the way that you have simplified the shapes! Good luck with your show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great painting Doug! Talk about unique!...Love the shadowing and shapes of the tubes... best of luck with your show...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you kept it simple and used the paint tubes,interesting shapes and nice circular composition works too. Good luck at your show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these tubes for the challenge...good luck with your show!

    ReplyDelete