Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Santa Fe Sunset

Santa Fe Sunset
8 x 10
oil on board
I said before that I wanted to start painting larger, so I repainted my  6 x 8 New Mexican Sunset at a giant 8 x 10 size. Maybe I'll make it to a 9 x 12 next time. I still will do a bit more but need something to post, so ready or not here it is. I'm really enjoying painting sunsets so I may have to try a different one next time and actually paint large. This one however is a combo of my reference photography from Santa Fe and Red River, two of my favorite places. I go to New Mexico every year and it is always fresh to me. I never tire of the scenery. New Mexico has it all except seascapes. I've said before I really am drawn to the architecture of the Southwest . Santa Fe is one of the best cities for spending a day or days walking around  looking at galleries, museums, and interesting people. Although I love our Texas Mexican food, New Mexico's Mexican food is not to be missed, especially lunch at the LaFonda in Santa Fe.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely sunset here Douglas...you are so brave to paint so large! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Mexico is so beautiful and so exotic to this Tennessean.
    You're painting large and I've been painting small. Gosh, small is hard work!
    Your scupltures are wonderful by the way.

    ReplyDelete